The Mac's History lesson format is simple to download and use and includes the following:
- A PowerPoint that presents the historical event as a story. This PowerPoint includes all of the information the students need to study, multiple visuals, diagrams, maps, and when possible links to youtube video clips.
- Notes for the teacher to download that include all the information from the presentation with blanks. The students fill in the blanks keeping them engaged in the lesson.
- Reflection questions that can be answered as a class or individually; during the lesson or at the end – all depending on what the teacher prefers.
Justification: Why PowerPoint?
- The PowerPoint platform, when designed properly, can provide the basis for a lesson in which several students can learn in the learning style that best fits them.
- Furthermore, the teacher can begin to build the unit as a story with a chronological order, visuals, and opportunities to interact as a class.
Mac’s History also provides movie guides for various historical documentaries which have already proved very popular. Though the main focus of the venture currently is in creating presentations, the movie guide route is another avenue that will be explored for profitability.